Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Flower Pots: Summer's "Jewelry"


Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Does this necklace make me look fat?


I think it does. 

I know you really can't tell from this photo,
but you don't think I'd show you a photo
where I thought I looked fat, do you?

Trust me on this one. 

I love it, but every time I wear it,
I feel like I should sign up for Weight Watchers.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

I don't know what it is about this necklace. 

Usually, I can count on jewelry to enhance my outfits.
You know what I mean...
put on a basic black top, add some jewelry, 
and go from from blah to ha-cha-cha-chah. 

Just like a piece of jewelry adds some sparkle
to my ordinary outfits,
flower pots bring some bling to my outdoor living spaces.



After waiting for my deck to be power-washed and re-stained,
I was finally able to set it up last weekend.

I laid out the rug,
and arranged the deck furniture,
but it didn't look fully dressed.

It needed some "jewelry."

Adding some flower pots worked like a charm.

Rubies, Amethysts, Citrine, Tanzanite, Peridot, Topaz...
flower pots filled with the colors of gemstones.
 
Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Perennials are mingling with annuals,
like mixing fine jewelry that lasts forever...

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

and costume jewelry, 
which you can change out when you get tired of it.

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
Oh, by the way, 
I made some changes to my deck from last summer,
and I'm almost ready to show it to you...
so stay tuned!

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

On the front porch,
the spring flower pot is still going strong, 
but it needed some companions.

I pretty much stick to jewel tones,
to play off my red front door.

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I bought a new pedestal pot at Home Goods.
I love the way it looks with this topiary form 
that I got from One Kings Lane a few years ago.  
The little gray pot to its right is also 
a new purchase from Home Goods.

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

A pot of flowers on this wrought iron chair 
(another Home Goods purchase from years ago)
always makes me happy.  


Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Geraniums brighten the walkway...

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Begonias perk up a barrel under the tree.
If only I could keep the squirrels out of it.
 
Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Do you remember I told you
I wanted to create a "secret garden" this year?
I'm still working on that, 
but here's a sneak peak at something I added in that space. 

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

When this flower pot broke, I didn't want to throw it away.
I think I like it better broken, 
especially with some coleus plants in it.

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

 The "crown jewels" are the flowers in my new flower box...

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

When it comes to flower pots,
my philosophy "more is more." 

But even just one pot can really spruce up an entryway,
just like one necklace can spice up an outfit.

Summer Flower Pots --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Do you have an outdoor space 
that's a diamond in the rough?
Put a ring (of flowers) on it!  
 


34 comments:

  1. I love outdoor living spaces and your is beautiful. Here in Michigan our warm weather seems to be scarcer every year. The drapes are a wonderful touch!
    Garden Ponds Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! We are about to give our front door a little makeover nd I can't wait to spruce it up with some flowers. I so love Home Goods... and I like that necklace too! ;) Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful post and awonderful way to think of the flowers as jewels!!! Your "jewelry" is beautiful! It doesn't make anything look fat as far as I can tell.... You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosella! Somehow, if you saw it on the total "me," you just may see that it does make me look fat :)

      Delete
  4. Your porch is stunning with those show stoppers. When I have a broken pot, I dig the broken part down in the soil, and plant sideways. And no one is the wiser.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Brenda! I may give that a try (next time I break a pot, and there will be a next time, I'm sure!)

      Delete
  5. Glorious colors! I love that about summer, all the color it brings to life. I'm working on sitting still more often and enjoying mine instead of spotting a weed or a dead bloom and then there I am, off into gardening instead of appreciating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Cynthia! I'm the same way! I can't seem to sit still for more than five minutes!

      Delete
  6. Your porch display is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing with Let's Get Real (I'm co-hosting this week)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe your necklace wouldn't "weigh" you down with lighter fabrics like a linen blouse...anyway it's beautiful and I agree your funny! I love that you kept the cracked pot as is...reminds me of a Erma Bombeck book, my mother had, entitled " God uses cracked pots". Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out that book! Thanks for visiting, June!

      Delete
  8. Amy, Someday, when I move back to the States and settle down...if that ever happens...I'll have flower pots, but until then, I'll have to enjoy yours! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy everything is gorgeous, love all the colors you chose and HG comes through again. Love that store when we get in the house and are settled a bit I think I will go crazy in there. I haven't been in a year, YIKES!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky...appreciate that you stopped by and took the time to comment :)

      Delete
  11. You're so right about flowers being to the home like jewelry is to our outfits. You have some beautiful flowers on display! My back deck is all done this time of year, but our front porch still needs some work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just finishing up my back deck...I added more flowers since I wrote this - it's looking good, now!

      Delete
  12. Your garden gems sparkle with spectacular brilliance! Love your choice of flowers, Amy; perfect 'pieces' to accessorize the 'outfit' that is your lovely home!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it all.
    As for a necklace with the possibility of making one look fat - absolutely. I have shoes that make me look fat and there are days when the way I blow-dry my hair makes me look fat - and let's not even get started with earrings............
    Re the broken pot: love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now this made me laugh! You TOTALLY get what I mean! I had "fat" shoes on today, and my hair looked like a fright wig because of the humidity and, Yeah, it made me look fat!

      Delete
  14. I love your pots (and OK I actually like the necklace too, but I get the whole "I think this piece makes me look fat"). Jewel tones are a safe way to go as everyone loves a good jewel. As for the broken pot, I love the fact that you kept it, it really does work. Looking forward to seeing your secret garden.
    Thanks for sharing at The Weekend Social, I'm looking forward to seeing you again next Thursday at 9pm EST at www.thequestionablehomesteader.com for another installment of The Weekend Social.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ricki! I'm so glad that you "get" what I mean! The broken pot really makes me happy, for some reason. Thanks for hosting the party!

      Delete
  15. These are beautiful posts! They make mine look pathetic - lol! Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I doubt they look pathetic, Gaye! No flowers can ever look bad!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love reading your posts - your flowers are so pretty, they make me smile! I'm envious of your picture taking skills as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice comparison saying flowers are summers jewellery, love it! They look gorgeous with their bright mix of colours. I wish I wasnt such a black thumb and could grow pretty flowers. I tend to forget to water mine and they die a quick and sudden death :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your potted flowers are gorgeous - you are so right - they are summer's jewels! Beautifully put! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE LOVE LOVE that necklace! I kinda know what you mean about it just not working every time you put it on. I had one like that and although I loved it and my husband bought it for me, I gave it to a girlfriend that it looked fabulous on(shhh, don't tell my husband!). Love all your pots with multicolored pretty flowers. I must get to Home Goods to see what they've got!

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.